Senior Data EngineerJob ID 188980 Date posted 06/13/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
Cox Automotive is currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team in Atlanta, GA.
About the Team
In the Cox Automotive Enterprise Data Services group, we foster a strong grassroots culture where problem-solvers and innovators have direct influence on product and business decisions. We are a tight-knit group with a passion for data. Each member of our team is expected to take ownership of initiatives, tackle new problems, master new technologies, and shape the future of our company.
About the Position
The Sr. Data Engineer is responsible for processing structured and unstructured data, validating data quality, and developing and supporting data and analytics products. The Sr. Data Engineer also plays a role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, mentoring less experienced engineers, and monitoring emerging technologies. You will design, code, test, correct, and document programs and scripts from agreed-upon specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed-upon standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
As a Sr. Data Engineer at Cox Automotive you will:
● Gather and processes raw, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data using batch and real-time data processing frameworks.
● Implement and optimize data solutions in enterprise data warehouses and big data repositories, focusing primarily on movement to the cloud.
● Understand and enforce appropriate data master management techniques.
● Ensure data quality and implement tools and frameworks for automating the identification of data quality issues.
● Work with internal and external data providers on data validation, provide feedback, and make customized changes to data feeds and data mappings for analytical and operational use.
● Understand the challenges that the analytics organization faces in their day-to-day work, and partner with them to design viable data solutions.
● Recommend improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
● Drive new and enhanced capabilities to our Enterprise Data Platform to meet the needs of product/engineering/business.
● Provide ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
● Shape actionable items for the data services engineering team to solve those real-world problems.
● Demonstrate ownership of initiatives and drive them through to completion.
● Provide mentorship to the team.
- Extensive experience engineering server-side code for data processing applications.
- Experience with data concepts (SQL, NoSQL, Normalization) and working with complex data structures
- Working experience with AWS
- Working experience with Hadoop ecosystem technologies
- Implements and optimizes data solutions in enterprise data warehouses and big data repositories
- Working experience and leveraging ETL tools to load a data warehouse or create a data store (Informatica, Alteryx, Talend, etc.)
- Exposure to Agile/SAFE methodologies
- Knowledge of functional programming
- Ability to understand and work with product teams to engineer requirements
- Analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail
- Technical writing including high and low-level diagramming techniques
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5-8 year of experience
- Experience with Data Modeling (strongly desired)
- AWS Certification (solutions architect and/or big data specialist)
- Working experience of data and analytics and how they apply to operational metrics
- Partner with the Data Science team to prepare structured and unstructured data that
- they can use for predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Automotive industry experience
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea®, and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6325 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing