Senior Software Engineer
Job ID: 182910
As the Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing programs as required, to support the technical capabilities at Cox Automotive. This includes both the development of new programs and maintaining existing programs. In the role of Software Engineer, you will be expected to deliver timely responses to production issues, taking ownership of effectively seeing these issues through resolution. To be successful in the role of Software Engineer you must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment while maintaining good communication with management and team members.
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Cox Automotive? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Software Development 10
- Analytical 9
- Pragmatic 9
- Team-coordinator 8
- Results-oriented 8
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
including generous time off policies: Up to 24 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 7 paid holidays
Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
Mentoring and Training Programs
Work for a Top 20 Tech Company
Cox Automotive is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Atlanta, GA (Dunwoody). The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the creation and maintenance of web and mobile based software applications as required, to support the program goals at Manheim.
Our global, talented team welcomes innovation and developers who care about quality code, love test driven development and want to be involved from specification to delivery. But more than just someone with a proven set of skills, we need someone who wants to make a real difference, be a leader and win awards in the fast-growing automotive industry.
• Develop and deliver a wide range of high profile, accessible and standards-compliant web and mobile projects
• Work with colleagues and technical resources to define technical solutions that meet business requirements using agreed tools and technologies
• Develop solutions in-line with in-house standards and practices
• Carry out unit testing during the code development
• Contribute to the on-going development of best practices, identification of suitable new tools and system and service improvements
• Five+ years of experience delivering highly engaging user experiences
• Significant experience (8+ years) with C#
• Proficient in web programming with extensive knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, MVC, and the .NET Framework 4.* and/or .NET Core.
• Experience with web development technologies including HTML 5.0, CSS 3, ES6/7, JQuery, REST, Bootstrap, React/Angular/Aurelia/Knockout, git
• Proven track record working on high volume, high profile websites
• Expert at cross-browser compatibility, responsive mobile design, organized code structure, and highly interactive user experiences
• Strong understanding of internet, systems, web technologies and web service architectures
• In-depth knowledge and experience of the software development lifecycle
• Understanding of W3C web standards and accessibility guidelines is required
• A good understanding of configuration management, testing and bug tracking; ideally with experience of NUnit (TDD)
• Strong communication skills. Able to easily collaborate with peers and customers
• Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio development tools a strong plus
BS Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit Blvd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed JobsView All Jobs