Senior UX Interaction DesignerLocation Atlanta, Georgia Job Number 1713045 Brand Manheim
- Develop a deep understanding of our target customers and business needs by assisting in user research activities, including persona development and evangelism, heuristic evaluation, and usability reviews.
- Lead the assessment of competitive user experiences. Identify strategic opportunities for competitive advantage based on findings.
- Examine web analytics to inform user interactions and designs.
- Must establish collaborative working relationships with product, design, content, and development team members to ensure we deliver a highly usable product that generates positive business return.
- Facilitate user scenario planning and tasks with the Product team.
- Lead the translation of business requirements into simple, highly usable, and compelling interface layouts; defining how the user interacts with site functionality. Create (and lead the development of) comprehensive site maps, user flows, wireframes, and interactive mock-ups/prototypes (lo/high fidelity).
- Integrate personas/segmentations with related deliverables.
- Ensure the consistency of the overall user interface and individual components can be extended and reused.
- Collaborate with technical teams to determine data accessibility and understand technology constraints/advantages for the design structure to ensure products meet performance, scalability, and reliability goals.
- Serve as the primary point-of-contact/facilitator for User Experience on assigned projects.
- Facilitate the visual design and content to ensure best user experience through refinement of the user interface in the detailed visual design phase and translate it for application development using a comprehensive graphical user interface specifications document. Ensure developers understand specifications document.
- Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience based on research. Organize opportunities into compelling matrices.
- Able to conduct formal/informal usability testing. Synthesize findings from usability/heuristic evaluations into actionable improvements. Take recommendations back into the product process.
- Support usability testing by creating working prototypes.
- Provide interactivity expertise and recommendations for existing designs; small projects and/or 3rd party initiatives.
- Create and support the information architecture of navigation, content, etc.
- Experience in designing for mobile devices. Responsive design experience a plus
- Identify strategic opportunities for competitive advantage.
- Estimate, plan, and lead projects into a highly usable solution, track progress according to plan.
- Design navigational schema based on user needs, content models, and technical constraints.
- Champion user needs and product usability while balancing business and technical constraints.
- Articulate rationale behind interface decisions and how to prioritize interface features.
- Assist in the ongoing definition of Manheim’s evolving user experience standards in the interactive space.
- Identify tools, templates, and techniques that evolve existing processes
- Bachelor’s degree (or comparable work experience) with emphasis in design-related field preferred such as: information design, behavioral science or closely related discipline such as Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology (Cognitive or Experimental), Interface Design, Industrial Design, or Computer/Information Science. Master’s degree in related discipline a plus.
- 10+ years work experience in interactive design or user-interface, design-related field required, preferably with ecommerce, large brand websites.
- Management/mentoring experience a plus.
- Excellent oral, written, and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Must be an expert in user-centered design methods, techniques, and principles.
- Ability to arrange and conduct informal and formal usability tests.
- Project experience in working with teams on large scale, long-term projects.
- Proven ability (portfolio required) to produce user experience documentation: storyboards, user scenarios/tasks, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Ability to develop network/system architecture diagrams a plus.
- Proficient to expert use of software tools: Axure/IRise ,Visio/OmniGraffle, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and MS Office applications.
- Must have an interest in human beings, how they think, their behaviors and limitations. You should be able to think like our users.
- Ability to establish user experience methodology, processes, estimates, and deliverables for a project.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Group facilitation experience required.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously.
- Superb organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects varying in size and complexity, prioritizing time and tasks as needed to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Be able to make intuitive leaps to appropriately hypothesize product design solutions.
- Be able to understand the big picture along with expert attention to fine detail.
- Be able to convincingly articulate ideas and rationale across the company, including the executive suite.
- Experience in client services and negotiating business decisions.
- Able to deal with ambiguity.
- Knowledge of what’s possible in the digital space.
- Avid learner. Stays up to date on latest trends and research in product design, SEO, and web/mobile technologies.
- Must be able to work individually with minimal supervision/mentoring, and as a team.
- Ability to work across multiple internal business units and companies.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6325 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing