Automotive Detail LeadLocation Aurora, Colorado Job Number 1714686 Brand Manheim
This position ensures that vehicles sent to the Detail Shop are cleaned and detailed to sale condition according to customer specifications and Auction standards by inspecting vehicles and work areas upon completion of reconditioning work.
- Inspect and verify that quality of detail/reconditioning work performed is in accordance to customer specifications and contract standards. Examine visually and by touch if necessary. Track all vehicles entering and exiting the lanes using a detail sheets.
- Check wash bay steps by inspecting trunk jambs, looking for grease on hinges, bugs, fender wells and lower splash shields, etc.
- Check interior cleaning steps by inspecting ashtrays, dashboards, panels, vinyl, windows, carpets and upholstery, and making sure debris is removed, etc.
- Check buffing steps by verifying that dressing was properly applied to the engine and tires and that the vehicle was waxed, buffed and polished to appropriate standards.
- Check final touch-up by inspecting windows, bumpers, moldings, wax, etc.
- Reject vehicles not meeting standards and return to detail shop for redo. Generate appropriate reports and re-inspect problem vehicles to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ensure employees have proper equipment and are properly trained in its use.
- Ensure wash bays and other work areas are cleaned at the end of the workday and/or throughout if necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, including driving vehicle into building and to proper clean car staging area, occasional sale day driving.
- May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in a detail shop, re-conditioning work, or as a quality controller inspector highly preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.
- Ability to drive standard and automatic transmission vehicles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Vision abilities required to include close, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Frequent exposure to wet and/or humid conditions. Occasional exposure to outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts, electrical shock hazard, fumes, dust and odors. Moderate noise level.
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Cox - 143
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-CO-Aurora-17500 E 32nd Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing