Senior Software Engineer
Job ID: 1815115
As the Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing programs as required, to support the technical capabilities at Cox Automotive. This includes both the development of new programs and maintaining existing programs. In the role of Software Engineer, you will be expected to deliver timely responses to production issues, taking ownership of effectively seeing these issues through resolution. To be successful in the role of Software Engineer you must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment while maintaining good communication with management and team members.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
including generous time off policies: Up to 24 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 7 paid holidays
Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
Mentoring and Training Programs
Work for a Top 20 Tech Company
Cox Automotive is hiring a Senior Software Engineer for our Core Domain team in Austin, TX at vAuto Inc., a Cox Automotive Brand.
Core Domain Team:
The Retail Services Engineering - Core Domain team builds solutions to provide Cox Automotive brands’ common platform components to revolutionize the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Our Engineering professionals are energetic influencers and collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons to deeply held Agile values, you’ll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individualism, creative problem-solving, and intellect.
On the Core Domain team, as a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to do your best work and lead the digital revolution of the auto industry.
Our Software Engineers are energetic influencers who thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems, and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are looking for the Software Engineer to be an exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individual who is comfortable collaborating within the Agile methodology as part of a cross-functional team. Additionally, the Software Engineer will have experience working in fast-paced environments, and have the passion and skills to take our product offerings to the next level.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be a technical leader in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, while contributing to the engineering efforts of one of our scrum teams. You will be challenged to engineer right-sized solutions for complex business problems. You will apply your knowledge of modern software design, best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability. You will aspire to use new technologies and challenge yourself to develop innovative solutions. You will work alongside engineers and technical leads on a team where collaborative programming and mentoring is regularly practiced.
Technologies we use**:
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Java, ReactJS
- Being a passionate and flexible engineer, collaborate with your team to achieve and exceed the goal to build, deploy, monitor and manage a highly performing and highly available production system.
- Design and implement REST APIs, services, system tasks and cloud solutions.
- Construct and manage services published to both internal and external consumers.
- Implement platform-level components including event architectures, messaging, and caching solutions.
- Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Enhance the performance and reliability of our current solutions.
- Collaborate with team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Evangelize new ideas within your team as well as across teams.
- Explore open source or industry standard solutions that could be a fit for the organization.
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience
- Current and recent experience working applying OOP and OOD principles with JAVA and JAVA APIs
- Current and recent experience applying scalable, optimized, fault tolerant, and distributed system design patterns
- Current and recent experience leveraging REST, and MVC technologies such as AngularJS or ReactJS
Differentiate yourself from others:
- Experience working with IdP technologies such as Okta, PingFederate, Cognito, or other SSO platforms.
- Current and recent experience delivering software with Amazon Web Services technologies, ideally with new deployments and strangle approaches to cloud migration
What we look for:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and independently to design, develop and deploy solutions
- Experience in realizing applications from conception and design, through implementation and support
- Experience designing and implementing applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures
- Strong understanding of industry development, deployment processes and agile development methodologies desired.
- Knowledge of session management, object relational mapping, XML web services is a plus.
**This list is not exhaustive, and does not represent the vast opportunity of technologies the Senior Software Engineer will be exposed to.
About vAuto, a Cox Automotive Brand:
vAuto, Inc. is an industry leading innovator and provider of automotive software solutions. Since the company was founded in 2005, vAuto has launched several first-in industry innovations, including its current suite of solutions that deliver a better way to price, appraise and stock pre-owned vehicles. We are a fast-moving technology company specializing in web & mobile
application solutions for the Automotive Industry.
Top Workplaces in Austin http://bit.ly/1pc5w2U
Location and 360 walkthrough http://bit.ly/1UctesS
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin-10415 Morado Circle
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed JobsView All Jobs