Software Engineer II, Media Analytics
Job ID: 188216
As the Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing programs as required, to support the technical capabilities at Cox Automotive. This includes both the development of new programs and maintaining existing programs. In the role of Software Engineer, you will be expected to deliver timely responses to production issues, taking ownership of effectively seeing these issues through resolution. To be successful in the role of Software Engineer you must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment while maintaining good communication with management and team members.
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Cox Automotive? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Software Development 10
- Analytical 9
- Pragmatic 9
- Team-coordinator 8
- Results-oriented 8
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
including generous time off policies: Up to 24 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 7 paid holidays
Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
Mentoring and Training Programs
Work for a Top 20 Tech Company
Risk-taking is encouraged here and we reward great results. Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons and brain-storming sessions to sprint reviews, you’ll be immersed in an environment that encourages bringing fresh ideas to the table with an innovative mindset. Giving back to the community is important at Cox Automotive. You will be given time during working hours to volunteer at local charities.
- Amazon:AWS SDK, with emphasis on deploying solutions in EMR, Elastic Beanstalk, ElastiCache, S3, and AWS cloud-native architectures
- Devops Tools:NewRelic, Sumo, Jenkins, InfluxDB, Grafana, PagerDuty
- Control system design practice within an enterprise or industry architecture
- Influence industry-based models for the development of new technology applications
- Develop effective implementation and procurement strategies, consistent with business needs
- Ensure adherence to relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices
- Establish standards and procedures across the technology service lifecycle (including the development lifecycle) in the areas of systems integration and testing and ensures that practitioners adhere to them
- Manage application enhancements to improve business performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 1–2 years of experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
What We Look For:
- Experience in realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Working experience with application life cycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
- Scrum Developer Certification or equivalent is a plus
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-VT-Burlington-1 Howard Street
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed JobsView All Jobs
- Scrum Master II, Retail Platform - Core Domain Burlington,Vermont
- Software Engineer I, Core Media Platform Burlington,Vermont
- Senior Software Engineer, Analytics , Burlington,Vermont, Remote,Oregon
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING INTERN (Summer 2018) Burlington,Vermont
- Software Engineer I, Partner Solutions Burlington,Vermont