Automotive Mechanic TechnicianJob ID 183023 Date posted 02/14/2018 Location: Carleton, Michigan Apply
This position is an entry level vehicle Technician who provides a high skill level of vehicle maintenance and repairs for a fleet of vehicles with a focus on exceptional customer satisfaction in a cost-effective manner. .
• Perform Preventive Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicle for mechanical deficiencies. Perform light repairs under supervision of a Technician II, Technician III, or Lead Technician.
• Based upon certification levels, perform various repairs and maintenance which may include: OBD II systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, aerial lifts, electrical systems, State Safety Inspections, interior/exterior components, engine and drive line components, etc.
• May maintain/repair equipment. (cable trailers, laptop docking stations, etc.)
• Keep shop area clean and tidy. Perform work in accordance to safety standards. Dispose of all fluids in a safe manner and in accordance with all regulations.
• Create and maintains vehicle history and maintenance records. May up fit new vehicles with necessary equipment.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.Qualifications
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year of vehicle service and repair experience; 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
• Must currently possess or be able to attain an A.S.E. G1 Certification within 18 months of employment.
• Must continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status and to meet with technology and fleet changes as they occur.
• Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
• Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
• Ability to work safely in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to enter and exit vehicles frequently.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-MI-Carleton-600 Will Carleton Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing