Senior Data EngineerJob ID 188160 Date posted 05/16/2018 Location: Carmel, Indiana Apply
Process Structured and Unstructured Data
- Gathers and processes raw, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data using batch and real-time data processing frameworks.
- Understands and enforces appropriate data master management techniques.
- Ensures data quality and implements tools and frameworks for automating the identification of data quality issues.
- Work with internal and external data providers on data validation providing feedback and making customized changes to data feeds and data mappings.
- Understands the challenges that the analytics organization faces in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable data solutions.
- Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
- Implements and optimizes data solutions in enterprise data warehouses and big data repositories.
- Installs, maintains, monitors, and supports business intelligence, distributed computation, and big data analytics tools.
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
- Actively works with less experienced data engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new data technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Experience with relational databases and knowledge of query tools and statistical software is required including but not limited to:- SQL Management Studio - SQL Integration Services- SQL Database Services- SQL Job Agent- SQL Server Data Tools- SQL Reporting Services- SQL Analysis Services Tabular- Power Query/M
- Working experience working with high volume heterogeneous data, Power BI Desktop/Report Server experience a plus- Power Pivot / Excel experience a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels within the organization
- Working experience with batch and real-time data processing frameworks
- Working experience with data modelling, data access, and data storage techniques
- Working experience with business intelligence tools and platforms
- Working experience with data quality tools
- Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. waterfall, agile, iterative)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 2+ year of working experience
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-IN-Carmel-11799 N College Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing