Senior Software Engineer
Job ID: 183012
As the Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing programs as required, to support the technical capabilities at Cox Automotive. This includes both the development of new programs and maintaining existing programs. In the role of Software Engineer, you will be expected to deliver timely responses to production issues, taking ownership of effectively seeing these issues through resolution. To be successful in the role of Software Engineer you must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment while maintaining good communication with management and team members.
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Cox Automotive? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Software Development 10
- Analytical 9
- Pragmatic 9
- Team-coordinator 8
- Results-oriented 8
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
including generous time off policies: Up to 24 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 7 paid holidays
Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
Mentoring and Training Programs
Work for a Top 20 Tech Company
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for developing customer software solutions based onDealerTrack's business initiatives. As a software engineer, you will be working in our agile software development environment as a part of a scrum team dedicated to creating user friendly and highly functional web based applications.
- Develop custom software applications to support DealerTrack's business initiatives by collaborating with your agile team to develop software and being empowered to make changes that help the organization perform more efficiently and profitably.
- Participate in cross-team Communities of Practice (CoP’s) to leverage shared knowledge and interest across product teams.
- Work closely with Product, User Experience (UX), and design teams, as well as other software engineers.
- Participate in pair programming with other engineers, sharing technical and business domain knowledge.
- Contribute back to the open source community where appropriate, and assist with maintaining DealerTrack's contributions to Open Source, and to the Indianapolis developer community.
Technology We Use:
- Java and Spring Framework or a similar modern development language and framework
- MySQL or PostgreSQL
- 5+ years web development experience.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to think strategically and work independently.
What We Look For:
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Ability to learn, use, implement, and integrate leading technologies.
- Able to work independently, self-motivated, and a strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of the organization
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-IN-Carmel-11799 N College Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing