Arbitrator IIJob ID 189155 Date posted 06/13/2018 Location: Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania Apply
- Review customer complaints and mechanic reports about vehicle condition.
- Inspect vehicle to determine extent of repairs, if any, and authorize second opinion, if necessary.
- Advise customers of Auction policy and the complaint and arbitration process and facilitate the resolution/negotiation between the two parties.
- Mediate dispute and negotiate repair and/or pricing of disputed vehicles in order to arrive at a mutually acceptable solution and in an effort to keep vehicles sold.
- Have awareness of and resolve after-sale problems, such as issues with title, mileage, frame damage, etc.
- Monitor and maintain accurate files for each arbitration case, and interact with Auction sales personnel regarding information on vehicle sales, etc.
- Act as a liaison with federal and state authorities regarding odometer rollbacks, salvage vehicles, etc.
- Promote the Auction and its services with customers to gain additional business including, but not limited to, post-sale inspections.
- Review customer claims to verify that they meet Manheim's National Arbitration policies and any account-specific guidelines; make/advise on financial decisions regarding arbitrations.
- Interface with all departments involved in the complaint including the fact finding and investigative phases.
- Screen and input all qualified vehicles for post-sale inspection.
Inform buyers and sellers on the process, cost, and timing for completion of all PSI or buyer claims.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of automotive, mechanical or body shop experience with complaint recording and resolution preferred.
- ASE certification, estimating preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record required.
- Strong verbal and written communication and organization skills required.
- Effective report writing and composition skills preferred.
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws regarding arbitration of vehicles.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, squat, and climb.
- Ability to lift 1-20 pounds.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-PA-Cranberry Township-21095 Route 19
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Automotive Services
Cox Automotive is the leading source for buying and selling vehicles and our team members are connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. As a Mechanic, Technician, Inspector or Clerk, you’ll ensure the cars we present to our customers are in top condition.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Entry Level Vehicle Inspector Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania