Regional Transportation ManagerJob ID 189891 Date posted 06/14/2018 Location: Euless, Texas Apply
This position manages the day-to-day transportation operations for a specified region of the country. In addition to maintaining the operational bond between Ready Logistics and the Auctions, this position provides direction on the daily activities to personnel involved in the transportation operations at the auction level to ensure the efficient, orderly and timely movement of vehicles to and from the Auction.
- Manage transportation activities for all Auctions within a specified region of the country.
- Hire, train, supervise and direct the work of transportation employees by determining work procedures, preparing work schedules, expediting the workflow, assigning duties and monitoring work for accuracy and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Counsel and discipline, including termination, of employees as necessary. Plan, monitor and evaluate employee job performance, and conduct performance appraisals.
- Review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
- Effectively lead the team at each location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect. Frequent travel between locations will be required in order to effectively manage remote sites.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Coordinate and direct the safe and efficient transportation of customer vehicles to and from the Auction and other designated areas.
- Coordinate department activities with customer account representatives and transporters. Interact with customers, develop new business for the Auction, and resolve problems that may occur in the transportation process.
- Maintain communication with other departments and management team providing relevant information to coordinate activities of the region and ensure high quality of service to both internal and external customers.
- Determine and make use of the most efficient, timely and cost effective way of transporting customer vehicles utilizing all available equipment.
- Provide outstanding customer service and resolve problems.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Monitor performance to customer SLAs and SOPs
- Maintain regular communication with the customer to ensure customer satisfaction
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
- 3 - 4 years experience preferred as an administrative and/or operations supervisor in the transportation or trucking industry, or dispatching experience.
- Auction experience and knowledge of overall Auction functions preferred.
- Strong communication and interaction skills required.
- Competent supervisory and excellent organizational skills required
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Flexible work hours, as position requires occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Knowledge of transportation and DMV laws and regulations required.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Moderate noise level.
- Frequent exposure to outdoor weather.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea®, and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-TX-Euless-12101 Trinity Blvd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs