Automotive Technician IIIJob ID 188289 Date posted 05/16/2018 Location: Gainesville, Florida Apply
This position is a Master-level Technician who provides a high skill level for accurate vehicle maintenance and repairs of fleet vehicles with a focus on exceptional customer satisfaction in a cost-effective manner. A Technician may work independently or in a team environment.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicle for mechanical deficiencies. Perform light and major repairs. Perform advanced vehicle diagnostics. Will have direct interaction with customers and display exceptional interpersonal skills while driving service center’s performance with the highest integrity and trust.
- Based upon certification levels, perform various repairs and maintenance which may include: OBD II systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, aerial lifts, electrical systems, State Safety Inspections, interior/exterior components, engine and drive line components, etc.
- May maintain/repair equipment. (cable trailers, laptop docking stations, etc.)
- Keep shop area clean and tidy. Perform work in accordance to safety standards. Dispose of all fluids in a safe manner and in accordance with all regulations.
- Create and maintains vehicle history and maintenance records. May up-fit new vehicles with necessary equipment.
- Performs more complex repairs, advanced diagnostics, design, and fabrication.
- Assures prompt repairs by interfacing and coordinating with vendors for parts and repairs. May perform roadside assistance as needed.
- Provides custom equipment when needed by engaging in equipment design and moderate fabrication tasks including welding.
- Assures availability of specialized trucks by troubleshooting and repairing complex hydraulic systems, generators and electrical systems, hybrids, and on-board computer systems.
- Responsible for the efficient diagnosis, repair, and replacement of general automotive parts and accessories. A Technician III will conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs; including but not limited to brakes, drivability, emissions, steering/suspension, electrical, state safety and emissions testing, maintenance services, HVAC, major engine and hydraulics
- Has medium/heavy truck experience, booms/hydraulics, electrical, any complex repairs, design and fabrication.
- Skilled on diesel and transmission repairs.
- Will possess advanced knowledge and advanced troubleshooting skills to resolve complex repairs.
- Master level Technicians must be skilled and able to work on multiple applications, from Light-Duty to Class A-Heavy Trucks, Mechanical Equipment, Machinery, Passenger Vehicles, and more.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of automotive service and repair experience; minimum of 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
- Must currently possess or be able to attain an A.S.E. G1 Certification within 18 months of employment.
- Must continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status and to meet with technology and fleet changes as they occur.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Ability to work safely in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to enter and exit vehicles frequently.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds (tools, equipment).
- Transmission experience preferred.
- Diesel experience preferred.
- Master level Technicians must be versed to work on multiple application from Light-Duty to Class A-Heavy Trucks, Mechanical Equipment, Machinery, Passenger Vehicles, and more.
- Requires extensive training and certification accompanied with a preferred 5-10 years of hands-on diesel repair experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of DOT and CDL requirements for medium and heavy truck applications.
- Must be able to obtain Class A or B Operator’s License if required.
Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level.
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-FL-Gainesville-4619 NW 6th St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs