Manheim Tow Truck OperatorJob ID 184481 Date posted 03/13/2018 Location: Honolulu, Hawaii Apply
Load, operate and unload trucks (car haulers and/or tractor trailer haulers) used in pick up (tow in) and delivery (tow out) of salvage vehicles to and from designated loacations. Operate trucks over public roads in a safe and secure manner consistent with company policies and procedures and in adherence with applicable local, state and US Department
- Review assignments for location of the tow in or tow out and verify company truck is ready for safe operation and verify transported vehicle information including make, model, color, VIN, missing parts, etc.
- Load and unload vehicles from transport truck by use of winch, chains, blocks, electric controls, etc.
- Secure vehicles and vehicle parts with chains, straps or other safe means
- Drive truck to assigned destinations to include maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather or in confined loading/unloading situations
- Complete and submit all required documentation associated with transport including: truck condition report, driver’s daily logs (if required), fuel purchase logs and mileage logs
Education & Specialized Knowledge
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Valid applicable driver's license (2, 3, and 4-car haulers require valid Commercial Class B license; 7-car tractor trailer haulers require valid Commercial Class A license)
- Appropriate Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Current Medical Examiner’s Certification (DOT Physical Card)
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, bottle to throttle, rest time, inspection and maintenance
- Knowledge of basic vehicle safety practices, inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil, fluid levels, and exterior vehicle lights
- Attention to detail
- Able to meet daily deadlines efficiently, work well under stress, and in inclement weather conditions
- Knowledge of geographic areas of operation by the type of transport driven (in-town, in- state and interstate and vehicle size)
- Basic computer and data entry skills required
- Experienced 1 to 3 years of towing and commercial truck driving experience preferred
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-HI-Honolulu-1001 Ahua St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs