Body Shop Production SupervisorJob ID 180862 Date posted 01/12/2018 Location: Manheim, Pennsylvania Apply
This position assists the Shop Manager in managing and overseeing the daily operation of the shop, supervising shop employees and directing the work in an efficient and productive manner to meet required daily goals and Manheim’s quality and service standards when preparing vehicles for sale.
- Supervise the inspection of vehicles to ensure the required repairs and work is satisfactorily completed.
- Manage the workflow and activities of the shop employees to ensure that all vehicles are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with established Manheim quality standards.
- Monitor process and work with production employees to ensure SOP is being adhered too.
- Ensure employees have proper equipment and are properly trained in its use.
- Communicate, discuss and resolve reconditioning goals, results and problems with the Operations Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring all services are accounted for and appropriately charged against the vehicle.
- Assist manager in counseling and disciplining employees as necessary, monitoring and evaluating employee job performance, and conducting performance appraisals.
- Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Monitor and control the use of supplies, materials and equipment for the recon shop and with approval of the department manager purchase equipment and supplies as necessary.
- Monitor and aide in ensuring established guidelines for a safe work environment are met to achieve compliance with OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Work with manager to review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager. May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 – 5 years vehicle reconditioning, detailing, mechanical, and/or body shop experience required depending on the departmental specialty.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations preferred
- Excellent people, teamwork and customer service skills.
- Strong communication and interaction skills required.
- Competent supervisory and excellent organizational skills required.
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmissions.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Ability to lift 1-30 pounds (light hand tools, etc.), manual dexterity and repetitive motion tasks.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-PA-Manheim-1190 Lancaster Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Team Lead/Supervisor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Program Manager Atlanta, Georgia
- Lot Operations Supervisor Anaheim, California
- Cincinnati Part Time Lot Operations Worker/Driver Hamilton, Ohio
- Baltimore Vehicle Check-In Clerk (Tues-Sat 2pm-10pm) Elkridge, Maryland