Building Maintenance ManagerJob ID 189701 Date posted 06/12/2018 Location: Manheim, Pennsylvania Apply
This position manages the maintenance and custodial function of the auction and directs the activities of employees engaged in operating and maintaining auction facilities, offices, grounds and equipment.
- Ensure efficient maintenance operations by supervising maintenance and custodial personnel and identifying current and future maintenance requirements.
- Inspect facilities, buildings and equipment to determine need and extent of service, equipment required, and type and number of operation and maintenance personnel needed.Assign employees as necessary.
- Work with Procurement/Posting Department on the purchase building and maintenance supplies, machinery and equipment.
- Direct installation of, modifications to and maintenance activities on utility systems, such as heat, power, gas and air.
- Compile records of labor and material costs and prepare reports for general management.
- Work with location leadership to prepare annual maintenance budget.
- Prepare facilities for various events, to include set-up and breakdown of all areas.
- Maintain and develop maintenance staff and their professional and technical knowledge by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees, and by providing educational opportunities.Counsel and discipline employees as necessary.Plan, monitor and evaluate job performance, and conduct performance appraisals.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with Market Safety Manager in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
- Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Partner with various market level support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, MFS, Recon, Safety, Security, and Sales) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company objectives and strategies and high quality customer service and support.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 or more years experience in maintenance or custodial management required.
- Good communication and interaction skills, competent management and organizational skills required.
- Good computer and software knowledge.
- Knowledge of federal/state laws and regulations regarding OSHA, EPA and MSDS a must.
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record required.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Ability to lift 1-30 pounds (light hand tools, etc.)Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts hazard, electrical shock hazard and toxic or caustic chemicals. Moderate noise level.
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-PA-Manheim-1190 Lancaster Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Our custodial and janitorial staff is crucial to maintaining our image as the leading source for buying and selling vehicles. Keeping our facilities tidy and clean are key to successful experiences for our guests and maintaining a culture of excellence for everyone on our team.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Maintenance Technician I Manheim, Pennsylvania