Software Engineer II
Job ID: 1817383
As the Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing programs as required, to support the technical capabilities at Cox Automotive. This includes both the development of new programs and maintaining existing programs. In the role of Software Engineer, you will be expected to deliver timely responses to production issues, taking ownership of effectively seeing these issues through resolution. To be successful in the role of Software Engineer you must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment while maintaining good communication with management and team members.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
including generous time off policies: Up to 24 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 7 paid holidays
Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
Mentoring and Training Programs
Work for a Top 20 Tech Company
Vin Solutions, a Cox Automotive brand, is seeking a Software Engineer II for a permanent position in Mission, KS.
The Software Engineer II writes and maintains code within applications and systems to implement capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. The Software Engineer II plays a role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends.
Works with Product Management to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
Recommends viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
Foresees capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations.
Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
Contributes to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
Builds software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders.
Understands technical architecture and writes software and automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
Advice and Guidance
- Actively works with less experienced software engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
Emerging Technology Monitoring
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in C# .NET development
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience developing software in Agile environment
- Working experience in coding within multiple technology stacks (e.g. Front-end: browser and device typically using common client-side technologies – HTML, CSS, ReactJS, Redux; Back-end: server, application, database using languages like C#, SQL)
What We Look For:
- Someone who’s passionate about and stays on the cutting edge of emerging .NET technologies
- Experience building clean, well defined, backend services that scale to an ever increasing user and workload demand
- Willingness to test as much of the core functionality of our app as possible
- Experience consuming and creating web services in a .NET environment.
- Experience building and implementing scalable applications that use modern design patterns and practices
- Ability to turn high-level requirements into a working system through iterative development
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-KS-Mission-5700 Broadmoor St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed JobsView All Jobs