Crew LeaderJob ID 184714 Date posted 03/13/2018 Location: Morgantown, Pennsylvania Apply
This position is responsible for the safe transportation of Auction employees on Auction property and to/from the Auction, local business/dealerships, etc. in compliance with Auction safety and driving rules, the Uniform Vehicle Code, applicable DOT regulations and the rules of the road; and by demonstrating courtesy and defensive driving principles. This position is responsible for leading a team of drivers to accomplish various operational tasks on the lot.
• Orient and instruct new drivers regarding their job duties and assist supervisor in assigning and directing the work of employees.
• Communicate with supervisor or manager to assure proper flow of vehicles and maintain log of stock numbers for each vehicle moved and its lot location.
• Communicate schedules and assignments to the crew members.
• Serve as lane leader on sale days.
• Coordinate move requirements with lot manager and quadrant coordinator.
• Assist supervisor in making sure that lease lanes and pre-sales are properly staged and parked.
• Manage vans and transporting drivers to locations. Ensure timely pick-up and drop-off of employees and vehicles by transporting them according to schedule to their proper work destinations.
• Shuttle employees to and from auxiliary parking lots on sale days; provide transportation to employees parking inventoried vehicles at remote sites.
• Pick-up and drop-off employees and other Auction personnel to/from the Auction, parking lots, dealerships, customer locations/businesses, and other locations.
• Perform daily maintenance and routine checks of the van and clean and service the vehicle with fuel, lubricants, and accessories.
• Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with Market Safety Manager in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
• Work with manager to review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
• Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
• Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.Qualifications
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• 6 months auction or driving experience preferred.
• Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
• Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
• Must be able to pass physical examination to obtain medical card for driver's license, if driving vehicle that requires CDL license.
• Basic mechanical knowledge (i.e., changing flat tires, checking fluids, jump starting vehicles.)
• Knowledge of lot operations/lot layout required.
• Knowledge of local roadways, hotels, airports and restaurants preferred.
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
• Ability to lift 1-15 pounds.
• Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Constant exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level.
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-PA-Morgantown-75 Grace Blvd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs