Scrum Master IIJob ID 189590 Date posted 06/14/2018 Location: North Hills, New York Apply
- Act as servant-leader to an agile team; removing impediments and ensuring team productivity.
- Empower teams to self-organize.
- Lead by example, demonstrating and upholding scrum principles.
- Protect the team from outside interference, removing impediments, and ensuring that the work is delivered as a team.
- Organize and facilitate scrum ceremonies, ensuring usefulness and adherence to scrum practice.
- Ensure team delivering stories such that they meet the definition of done.
- Lead team retrospectives and ensure key learning is incorporated into next sprint.
- Coach team members to uphold scrum principles.
- Cultivate and environment of trust, good faith, empowerment and creativity.
- Facilitate discussions and conflict resolution.
- Track team delivery on commitments through the use of burndown charts and other visual methods.
- Produce and post sprint plans and otherwise act as an information radiator.
- Track team velocity to ensure accuracy of future planning.
- Work with the Product Owner to understand the business priorities and items to be groomed in upcoming sprints.
- Ensure Product Owner is informed if changes occur that impact delivery to the business.
- Work with other Scrum Masters to ensure alignment of priorities and that dependencies are delivered in the appropriate sprints to support other teams’ delivery commitments.
- Actively participate in activities related to agile adoption across the organization.
- Drive weekly backlog grooming sessions with the team, ensuring work items are estimated and ‘ready-for-work’ per the Product Owners priorities.
- Provide input to and participate in Release Planning.
- Coordinate release planning with other Scrum teams throughout the organization.
- Lead Sprint Planning sessions ensuring the commitments made are appropriate and uphold scrum principles.
- Lean Mindset – ability to develop and champion curiosity, positive attitude, team success, bias for action and inspect and adapt in team.
- Assertiveness – able to achieve goals of the team by actively driving to resolution of issues, holding team accountable to their actions and commitments
- Servant-Leader – exhibits the servant-as-leader behaviors of coaching, service to the team, and empowerment of the team to come up with solutions to their problems.
- Self-motivated - capable of managing multiple priorities with little instruction or oversight.
- Collaboration – exhibits ability to work with and through others to achieve shared goals.
- Social – takes an interest in and exhibits socials skills to enhance team bonding.
- Communication skills – maintains frequent and effective communication within and across teams.
- Flexibility – ability to adapt to frequent changes within the scrum framework and principles.
- Organization – ability to organize meetings, reviews, retrospectives and other scrum ceremonies.
- Facilitation – ability to facilitate meetings, drawing out key concerns and issues to ensure the principle of continuous improvement.
- Tracking – ability to track team progress and velocity using various methods including charts, graphs, etc.
- High-energy – shows enthusiasm and displays energy to take on daily issues and bring them to conclusion on behalf of the team.
- Agile Practices – expert understanding of Scrum practices and related agile tools and techniques. Understanding of scaled Agile environments.
- Software Development – basic understanding of the fundamentals of software development and the software development lifecycle.
- College education in computer science or 3 years working in a software development environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience supporting a team as a Scrum Master.
- Experience working in an iterative Development environment, utilizing Scrum practices.
- Must have technical background and good knowledge of end to end process of the SDLC.
- Experience with XP development practices
- Experience with Scrum, Lean and/or XP inspired practices required
- Experience with continuous delivery preferred.
- Experience with SAFE
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea®, and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-NY-North Hills-3400 New Hyde Park Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing