Automotive TechnicianLocation Oceanside, California Job Number 1714808 Brand Manheim
An entry level AutomotiveTechnician provides a high skill level of vehicle maintenance and repairs. Provides service and delivery of vehicles and participates in the control of expenses. A technician may work independently or in a team environment.
Perform a predefined vehicle inspection and light mechanical repairs to prepare a vehicle for customers including:
- Perform Vehicle Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicle for mechanical deficiencies.
- Based upon certification levels, perform other various repairs and maintenance which may include:
- Install batteries and checks electrical systems.
- Install and perform tire maintenance.
- OBD II systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, electrical systems, State Safety Inspections, interior/exterior components, engine and drive line components, etc.
- Ability to road test vehicles.
- Ability to install parts which include shock absorbers and exhaust systems.
- Maintain assigned work area and overall shop in clean and tidy manner at all times.
- Perform all assigned work in a safe and conscientious manner at all times as directed by management and Manheim’s safety standards.
- Handle and dispose of all fluids as defined by MSDS and in accordance with all Federal, State and local regulations.
- Create and maintain vehicle history and maintenance records as defined/directed by management.
- Assures prompt repairs by interfacing and coordinating with vendors and other Manheim associates for parts and repairs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1-2 years of vehicle service and repair experience; 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
- Any ASE certifications and/or a tech school degree is preferred, but not required.
- Become certified in a minimum of 4 areas with a preference for brakes, alignments, suspensions, cooling, and electrical.
- Must continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status once obtained and to meet with technology changes as they occur.
Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-CA-Oceanside-4691 Calle Joven
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing