Assistant ControllerLocation Ocoee, Florida Job Number 1711805 Brand Manheim
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statement and ad hoc reports to be distributed to General Manager. Manage monthly close process including journal entries and accrual analysis.
- Assist in process to Reconcile Balance Sheet Accounts monthly and submit package for compliance review quarterly.
- Assist in managing the Auction's records and reports in compliance with established accounting policies and procedures (GAAP), including the reconciliation of weekly sales and receivables reports.
- Assist in the implementation of goals, policies, priorities and procedures relating to financial management, forecast, budget, and accounting.
- Direct the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Direct internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls. Coordinate preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting, and review financial statements with Auction management.
- Reconcile daily financial information with banking officials, scan checks, prepare deposits and transfer of funds within the required time frame and work with banks as necessary regarding efficient and accurate account management.
- Assist Controller in the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Assist Controller by reconciling accounts, evaluating the accuracy and effectiveness of the accounting system and assist external auditors in performing reviews and audits of the accounting records.
- Provides timely notification to management on returned checks, drafts and potential credit problems.
- Coordinate monthly close process including journal entries and accrual analysis.
- Prepare various management presentations, financial analyses, and special projects as assigned.
- Advise and communicate technical accounting matters with all levels of the organization.
- Maintain fixed asset reporting, capital expenditures and schedules.
- Comply, support and enforce auction, government and customer policies, procedures and regulations.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Partner with various market level support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, MFS, Recon, Safety, Security, Sales) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company objectives and strategies and high quality customer service and support
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management required.
- CPA certification or MBA preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of accounting experience in positions with increasing responsibilities required.
- Experience in the automobile or Auctions industry desirable.
- Strong communication, interaction, and presentation skills required.
- Effective and competent management, accounting, and organizational skills required.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and internal controls.
- Proven ability to work with all levels of an organization.
- Good computer and software knowledge essential. ERP software experience a plus (e.g., Oracle, Hyperion, JD Edwards, SAP, etc.).
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance, color and depth perception.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-FL-Ocoee-11801 W Colonial Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Team Leader
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing