Automotive Parts InstallerJob ID 180721 Date posted 01/12/2018 Location: San Antonio, Texas Apply
This position is responsible for installing replacement/ordered parts on customer vehicles, as well as removing damaged parts or vehicle components and properly reinstalling repaired or replacement parts, as directed by management.
- Properly install replacement parts on customer vehicles.
- Remove and properly reinstall damaged and repaired vehicle components.
- Properly store and reinstall all parts and fasteners removed during component/part removal.
- Validate and communicate that correct parts were ordered/received in a timely manner.
- Maintain neat and orderly work space.
- Wear and use appropriate safety equipment at all times while working in specific areas.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education preferred.
- Experience in installing automotive parts preferred.
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Mechanical aptitude with knowledge of bodywork, frame damage and minor mechanical repairs.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer focused with strong attention to detail.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Ability to constantly enter and exit vehicles.
- Ability to lift 1 - 15 pounds (i.e., starters, alternators, A/C units, etc).
- Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Exposure to noise, dust, fluids, vehicle fumes, odors, mechanical and electrical shock hazards. Moderate noise level.
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio-2042 Ackerman Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Program Manager Atlanta, Georgia
- Lot Operations Supervisor Anaheim, California
- Cincinnati Part Time Lot Operations Worker/Driver Hamilton, Ohio
- Baltimore Vehicle Check-In Clerk (Tues-Sat 2pm-10pm) Elkridge, Maryland